Monday, January 05, 2009

Unpacking progress

I've been twittering about how I don't want to unpack and how I'm really good at not unpacking but today I finally couldn't take it anymore so I looked in my suitcase and then sat down and messed around on the internet. But then I returned and decided that it was time to remove the suitcase from the room and put it back where it belongs, in a corner in the kitchen. In order to do this I emptied all the remaining crap out of the suitcase and dumped it on my bed, where it still is.


Now see, you might be thinking that isn't so bad, however then you look down and to the right and find this pile, which includes a suitcase that's been sitting there since I went to Canada along with assorted whatthefuckall.


Perhaps I'll clean all this up today. But I kind of doubt it. I've gotten really adept at stepping around it. Well, except for when I tripped over it last night.

11 comments:

Sudo apt-get said...

Haha, that's normally the time I lose all dedication to getting it tidied and thinking I would really just sit down and have a nice cup of coffee :P

Good Luck!

Kurtis said...

It is much easier to learn to step around stuff like this than find a place for it in the closet besides you might need it again very soon.

Adirondack Towels and Scrubs said...

Isn't there space under the bed for all that stuff? Out of sight = out of mind.

Can I have the Now magazine after you're finished with it?

Toddrod said...

I see Alison's panties! I see Alison's panties! Or is that a dead cat? hmmm

Toddrod

Brett Jones said...

I make the effort to fold close, but most everything else just gets stacked onto the closest horizontal surface. When things start falling off all the horizontal surfaces in the house I usually start bitching to my wife about the mess.

Sudo apt-get? I more of a emerge -v kind of guy. On occasion I'll dabble with the pkg_install or if I'm living on the edge I'll jump right in with a make install clean.

Toddrod, you're Death Star / Bowling ball picture is kind of freaking me out.

Anonymous said...

Why would you treat your beautiful apartment that way?

Ted from Accounting said...

I can't believe my Internet Girlfriend is this messy! Wasn't there a home economics class in Orange County!?!?!?!

:-D Shea said...

"whatthefuckall" is brillant! WTFA! Youu may invented 2009's 1st new buzzword! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

My question is why you have two fans in that small bedroom?

Toddrod said...

Alison can only fit 2 small fans in her apartment. Bigger fans like me and Joe and Ted and Brett have to hang out outside. Sometimes we see her, but most of the time, she sneaks out the back.

Toddrod

Brett Jones said...

That gets my vote for comment of the week, Toddrod. Not the one about AMR's panties, the one about small fans.