Saturday, March 08, 2008

Still at the airport

This trip is like a kidney stone that I can't pass. You know, but not that bad, because actually it was good. I just mean that the weird feelings I was looking forward to flying away from are bearing down because I'm stuck in an airport pickling in them. Sorry for all the mixed metaphors. And the general crappy writing. I'll chin up shortly, I'm sure. Well, tomorrow at least. Hopefully.

On the upside, there are a couple little birds in here somehow hopping around on the carpet. I jumped a couple times thinking they were mice, but now that I'm past that, I think they're cute.

I may cry a little anyway though, because the overriding feeling I'm experiencing right now is one of mournfulness.

Update: a plum just rolled across the floor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sorry you're sad.

Now I'm sad too.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

If a plum rolling across the floor can't snap you out of that, I don't know what will. This is way better than any reality show I have ever watched. Hmmm, the title could be something like. " A week long trip with Alison and Burney."
Part Deaux. It's really part One, I just wanted to say Deaux. I may not have spelled that right, because..."Shut up Michael!" Ha!

Michael.
La.

P.S. I just watched Rush Hour 3. Oh yeah, it's a must see. I give it 3.375 stars.

Pow said...

Alison, I'm telling ya, so far I'm only 2 entries into this airport trek and it's got me hooked. I've been reading a book recently that hasn't been able to grab my attention. This short chapter alone brought up pain(kidney stones), fear(mice), happiness(said mice were really cute birds) and sadness (no explanation needed). Then an enexpected fruit shows up.
I'm thinking it's time for your book to come out.