Friday, October 26, 2007

Today was a weird day

It just was. I filmed a pilot for a show about people obsessed with movies which is cool, except I'm obsessed with TV and so I kept making TV references when talking about movie actors. Some of my best, and by that I mean some of my worst were reminding everyone that George Clooney played George the handyman on Facts of Life and that Jason Bateman got his start on It's Your Move. The mindf*ck of the whole thing was that they told me there would be hair and makeup but there was just makeup so I went into the bathroom and attempted to do my hair myself using techniques I've seen them use and I managed to come out with it looking exactly the same if it's possible to both look exactly the same and yet somehow a little worse.

Then tonight I did Red Eye which is always fun except I feel like I may have wasted a lot of time leading up to a joke that sure sounded funnier in my head than out loud. And for the record, I don't really have body parts in petrie dishes that I keep in my apartment and even if I did, they wouldn't be the first thing I'd grab in a fire. At the end I did a little skit thing though, so that was fun. Or maybe it was more a "bit"? Now I have to go to sleep so I can wake up in a few hours.

3 comments:

Big Guy said...

Alison, I think RedEye is a much better show when you are guesting. You almost freaked me out tonight when you tore your mic off and left in "tears". You had me believing that for a minute.

Slap Andy the next time you see him...hehe.

Jeremy said...

Wasn't "It's Your Move" pretty much the high point of Jason Bateman's career?

And your leadups are always funnier than your jokes.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh peace and serenity!! This is a place I like to come where everyone knows your name.

Michael. "The J.R.Ewing of the internet." man, that's long.

B.F.E.