Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Vacation blockage

Somehow this always happens when I'm away from home and by home I mean New York although sometimes by home I mean California but anyway I start to craft a blog post in my head and then it takes me forever to get it out of me and up on the blog. And the longer I wait the worse it gets. Remember when I had a story to tell you about prunes? Or something? Is this ringing a bell?

Anyway, perhaps tomorrow I'll snap off a post (ok yuck. now I'm just being disgusting) about "How To Be Funny." I've been writing it in my head for a few days and let me say it's really a humdinger. A doozy. A ripsnorter. And more similar words.

Also, I went to Z Gallerie today to look at the Quinn couch and I didn't like it as much in person but the crazy thing is that on the phone I talked to this kind of surly woman name Skye who told me to ask for Skye when I came into the store but since I wasn't really picking up what this person was laying down I just asked the mind-mannered guy typing something on the store computer if he could help me. He was pretty helpful and also quite fem looking. I mean, amazing eyelashes. I told him I had to think about the whole thing and then he said he would give me his card and what's my name? His is Skye! Turns out the unhelpful woman on the phone was a helpful man in person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my head the story ended with a few sentences like these:

Then he gave me his card and I thanked him without looking at it (there was no verbal exchange of names)......

So I asked him who that caddy bitch Skye was.....

In a shrill voice he told me to "get the fuck out" and never come back while he hurled throw pillows and knick knacks at me.....

Toddrod said...

ha! Brett is a funny dude. I liked those endings for the action sequences.

Toddrod

Ted from Accounting said...

"ripsnorter" - LOL, now that will be my new word of the day! I'm not even going to look this one up....I'll just use it as I see fit!

Wishing Alison "Ripsnorter" Rosen & Bloggers a Happy New Year!